Tuesday, 25 August 2015

How I Raped Pregnant Corps Member —Okada Rider

The biblical injunction in Jeremiah 17 vs 9 that  says “ The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked who can know it” is apt in the case of a 30-year-old commercial motorcycle operator, popularly known as Okada rider, Tumi Ayileka, who was alleged to have, despite the plea by a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member (names withheld), that she was three months pregnant, still forcefully had carnal knowledge of her.

The victim had been posted to Ondo State and deployed to Imoru in Ose LGA for her primary assignment. The alleged rape happened on the route she had been taking on motor bike since she was deployed to Imoru.

She was said to have left the Corpers Lodge, located at Ifon, the headquarters of Ose LGA at about 630pm for Imoru where she was doing her NYSC. Sunday Vanguard was informed by a police source that the Okada, she boarded, instead of heading for Imoru, a short distance to Ifon, the rider stopped abruptly and diverted into the bush. He was said to have excused himself to obey the call of nature. But the corps member was said to have expressed concern why he had to stop to ease himself in a lonely and busy area.

Suspecting a foul play, she reportedly jumped down from the bike and ran towards the main road but the Okada rider was said to have over-powered her and allegedly dragged her back inside the bush.
The suspect, who claimed he also doubled as a farmer, reportedly forcefully had unlawful carnal knowledge of her. The victim was said to have pleaded with the suspect that she was pregnant and she should be spared of the horror of rape but all her pleas were reportedly rebuffed by the suspect.
The source narrated that after having his way, the Okada man left the victim in the bush, jumped on his bike and left. But on a second thought he reportedly went back, picked the victim and took her back to her residence at the Corpers Lodge and sped off’.

The victim, whose clothes were said to have been torn by the suspect, managed to find her way to the police station and lodged a complaint around 11pm. Detectives, according to the source, were sent out to fish out the suspect.

Sunday Vanguard learnt that the detectives later trailed the suspect to his house. He was picked up at No 4, Olisa Street, Imoru and confessed to the crime. The suspect in an interview said: “I do not know what came over me when I raped her.

“ When she was crying that she was pregnant, something told me to stop and leave her alone but another voice said I should finish what I started; that is why I raped her”. Asked if he had done such illicit act before, the suspect said, “No.

- See more at: